After a frustrating start, I’ve managed to be pretty productive tonight. I cleaned off my desk so I’d have a lot of space to spread out the manuscript printout that I’d scribbled all over…and then couldn’t find the first 27 pages. After a while I remembered (vaguely) that I had done some revising on the novel back in September, so it was possible that I’d recycled the first 27 pages after making all the changes I had marked.
Of course, that was before the Writers’ Digest Editors’ Intensive, where I decided to eliminate one character entirely from the novel (she can be introduced better in book two anyway), and make my main character live alone in her dodgy neighborhood. Plus I’m trying to make good use of the critique I got there, so I’m doing some tweaking on the opening scene in general.
So despite the slow start this evening, I moved forward another 1650 words, so I’m 1820 words total into the revision. Just 98k to go!